Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can a vendor charge my credit card for something they allege I purchased (online) 4 months...?

...ago?

I received an e-mail from an internet credit processing company today saying they were going to charge my credit card in two weeks for a service charge they allege I made four months ago. I do not recall this charge. Are they allowed to do this to my Visa account? The problem is that this account is suspended and any new charges will raise my interest rate substantially.|||email people about their accounts. Try to remember what you did 4 months ago if you haven't got your credit card statement handy. Don't deal with it online - phone them and get it resolved. Best of Luck with it, and Happy Christmas.|||You need to clearly and accurately remember what you did and didn't charge to the card. Once you have that, you can more successfully contest the billing. Get that company AND your credit card company on the phone (have a few hours set aside for this) to find out exactly what they think this fee is for and whether it's legal and whether it's anything you did or has someone hijacked your credit?



After a while, these "conveniences" aren't really, are they? They merely bump the time spent from there to here.|||they can try. if the account is already suspended, you might as well close/ fully disable the account; you can pay off existing legitimate charges, and block any new transactions.


call the c/c issuer.

No comments:

Post a Comment