Saturday, December 17, 2011

I have a wamu checking account. I was in between jobs so i didnt get paid for over a few weeks.?

They sent me a few notices telling they would suspend my account if i didnt put funds in on by oct 11. I deposited my check through the atm on oct 12, the following morning everything was suspended. My Atm, online banking. I called and they told me once the check had cleared everything would be realease and i would have access. They said that happens automatically. Is this true? I called today to talk to a banker and they told me my check had cleared and it is now my avaiable balance. Why is my checking account still suspended? I am getting upset because wamu is making no sense to me. How and when am I going to have access to my money? The bank isnt giving me answers. I understand i have to be more responsible in making sure i dont get overdrawn, but i never bounced a check. the two overdrawns was for gas on my atm card.|||You have understand ATM deposits are not the fastest the way to put money in your account. So there is some delay when you deposit thru ATM. If the bank told you the hold will be release automatically and it didn't happened, then you will need to go to one of the branch to clear that out. It could be just simple mistake that you were misinform, or somehow the system forgot to release the hold. One more thing why that put your account on hold is also due to the overdrawn (more than once), and the period that you were over drawn (10 days from your prior post). You also have to know, banks work like most things in this world. You need to build good relationship with, the way they the account was overdrawn is telling the bank that you are not that responsible, so they are just taking their cautiousness as everyone would with their business. Remember from now on, keep your account in good standings. Build up good relationship with the bank can only benefit yourself (paying less fees for one thing). Also remember to always do deposit in the branch as possible, avoid ATM.|||Overdrawing on an ATM card is the same as bouncing a check - you tried to take out more than you had.

No comments:

Post a Comment