Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why is my whole account suspended?

April 29 I was on Yahoo Messenger, got booted, and when I tried to sign back in, it said password invalid. Initially I thought someone hacked my account, til I realized that it was a Yahoo suspension.





I have wrote 7 help tickets with no response, and tickets to Yahoo abuse, all I get it automated responses with how to change my password, how to block users, and read our TOS. I have read and reread the TOS and do not believe I have violated in anyway. I run an online business and cannot access anything, I have important emails in my inbox and important contacts on my buddy list that I need to have access to.





I've called Yahoo and they keep telling me they can't help me over the phone... and to submit a help ticket, but this is not helping me. I've requested for my account to be reactivated but I'm not getting any responses back that are worth anything. Why do they do this?|||Suspension means "Set up to be deleted". You won't get it back.





They will delete your e-mail account 6 - 24 hours after they suspend your Answers account. So, if it is not too late, open another account with company you can trust, like gmail, by Google, and forward every message you value to it. Export your address book to it as well. You may be able to export it to your C: drive as a CSV, or you can send a message to yourself at your new gmail account with everyone in the CC box.





I have appealed twice - once when an answer was deleted, once when my account was "suspended". Both times I got an answer which made it obvious that appeals are


1) Answerd by a machine; or


2) Answered by someone overseas who reads English at a first grade level; or


3) Answered by someone who is competent in English but has to answer 30 appeals a minute to meet their quota.





My bet is machne-generated. Most of the people in India who do technical support are darned sharp. They may have a thick accent, but they read and write at the 12th grade level or better.





I was the top answerer in Genealogy at the time and a TC in Religion. Someone asked basically the same question 8 times. I answered all 8 and used the phrase





"You either didn't believe the other answers or were too drunk to read them"





all 8 times. That was too much for the prudes at Y!A. I had insulted once (or 6 times) too often.





5,000+ best answers, 85,000+ points, 3 years and half of the e-mail messages my daughter in the Peace Corps sent me from Peru down the toilet.





Live and learn. Sign up and participate again, if you like, but never, never, never trust Yahoo! to keep your e-mail safe.|||I've gotten suspended over five times...


and sadly there is nothing you can do to get your old account back!


just make a new one and try to not get suspended....





wow you called them?


that's BEAST:)

No comments:

Post a Comment