Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can disability see my bank account history?

I made a few thousand dollars from online poker, I got the money mailed to me in checks and I just recently cashed them in at the bank. I dont want to report this money to disability because they'll probably suspend me or something. Can they check my bank account and see my banking history? Do they have the power to do that?





I live in canada, ontario|||Since you did not earn the money it would not matter. Poker winnings is the same as winning a lottery, there are taxes on it but no worries about it being considered earned income. I think they list as prize money, so while you will need to pay taxes on it, you will not have to worry about it with disability. Disability means you can not hold a sustainable job, poker is neither a 40 hour per week job nor is it sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment