Tuesday, December 20, 2011

World of Warcraft account suspension?

As stupid as I feel to say, I fell for a WoW scam. I received a whisper while in the game telling me that my account would be banned if I did not go to the suggested website due to a false issue. So I went, it looked like a normal WoW website so I didn't think about it being a scam. So I logged in to the website to find out what it was about, but as soon as I did the website shut down. I figured I had just given my information away, so I went and immediately changed my password and left it as the new password for about a day then changed it back, and continued to play, but the next day I logged in it said blizzard had suspended my account temporarily and to check my e-mail it also said it was due to a security issue. So I went and checked my e-mail which told me the same thing I had already read, only in the e-mail it told me to wait until blizzard has approved my account. After one month of waiting I was pissed so I went to look for some answers online. One thing I found was a conversation between two people concerning a issue like mine. The person helping this girl told her to call a number that he gave her, and prove ownership of the account. I was planning on doing just that, until I received a new e-mail from blizzard telling me that in order to prove that I owned the account I would need to send a copy of my birth certificate, but considering I'm 16 I figured that would be a problem... plus on the account all the information is mine the only thing on the account not mine is the credit card. So my question is... Does anyone know what I need to do? Its been 6 months now, and I really wanna play again... Thank you so much for the help. :)|||Sadly, new players tend to fall for this scam. I've seen it too many times. I would not send a copy of your birth certificate. I would call the actual blizzard support phone number which is located at worldowarcraft.com under contact us. Or you could find it o. The wow box. I really hope you solve the problem, and feel bad you got a credit card hooked up to that thing too. I would try to talk to someone at the support line tho. And if urbparents or whoever is paying let you still play after this ****, I would suggest buying the 60 day card things|||Well, since you are 16, your parents (the owner of the credit card) has to show the proof. Which should not be a problem, just get your parents on the phone with Blizz. Also, they will ask you certain security questions you had set, including your name and other simple questions. So just call em up and have your parent ready incase they need her card info/etc.|||First off, don't send them your birth certificate, second, call Blizzard discuss the problem...don't worry you won't lose your characters.|||Get your parents to bring you to the DMV for an ID card. They should have your birth certificate somewhere around, which should be all you need for a card.



Also agreed with the guy above, don't give them your birth certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment