Saturday, December 17, 2011

Yahoo Account Suspended(I am using a friend's account)?

A few days ago I got an email to my hotmail account ( the email I referenced when starting my yahoo account) from Yahoo saying that, due to a question I asked in Answers being in violation of another persons privacy, my account had been suspended. What I asked was about a person whose name I saw online who was incarcerated, and I asked if anyone on here knew what he did to go to jail. I do not feel this was a privacy violation, as courts are public places and this sort of information regarding a conviction are available to the public via the freedom of information act.


Anyways, now I can't do anything in Yahoo, no logging in to Answers, no checking email, nothing. So I replied to the email they sent, defending my case, and have not heard back. This was on Thursday. Does anyone know when I might count on my account being reinstated? Or when I might get a reply?


Thanks|||Your appeal was to the Customer Care who handles the Abuse Reporting system. Getting any kind of response or correction by them is almost impossible.





You can appeal to the Yahoo Answers Team for a review of the violation. If it is not a violation they will notify Customer Care. Getting a Yahoo Account reinstated is rare, but does happen occasionally.





Go to the Forum link at the top of any Answers page. In the Forum go to the right side in the NEED HELP area and click on the "Report Wrongful Violation". Read the Introduction (this explains how it works) and then make your appeal.





I do hope this helps. It worked in getting 5 violations overturned for me.|||Ooohhh, you should not have specifically mentioned anyone's name or anything like that. You can forget about your account being reinstated. I've never heard of anybody getting their suspended account reactivated. You need to start over. It would also be a good idea to read the community guidelines


http://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_鈥?/a>|||First of all you should of never asked a person name on any type of open chat line or like here in yahoo answers.. Cause it is a violation of privacy.. I wouldnt want someone looking for me on yahoo and saying my name... and espically if i was in jail.. you should call the jail and ask them.. next time you will know not to ask such a question....|||i dont know!

No comments:

Post a Comment