Saturday, December 17, 2011

How does one go about reinstating a suspended account?

My daughter, who goes by the username of 'Somewhere I Belong =] (music note)' was suspended earlier today. I know she sent an email to the link in the suspension letter, but I would like a reason as to why. I know that she has recieved a reasonable amount of rude emails from fellow answerers because we are Hindu. I suspect that trolls who are anti-Hindu or pro another religion reported many of her questions and answers, inevitably resulting in suspension. I would like to know how she can get her account back. It is quite offensive to be suspended from an online forum due to one's choice in religion. Thank you for all your answers.|||Hi.





Yahoo! Staffs will respond to your appeal within 48 hours. However, because the appeals currently has a backlog, appeals can take up to 2 weeks.





Unfortunately, Yahoo! will not tell you why your daughter's account is suspended but rather will tell you that the account is either approved for reinstatement or disapproved.





My apology, I don't believe the Trolls are to be blamed that much. Whenever we receive a violation notice, we are so excited to blame the Trolls and not ourselves for failing to avoid violating the Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.





If your daughter has received offensive Emails from other Users, that did not give her the right to engage herself in unwanted behavior toward those Users. She could simply report the offense and leave it as that.





Not because someone reports a content it means such person is a Troll. I personally believe Users need to quit blaming Trolls and start following the Community Guidelines.





Conversely, if your appeal isn't responded to within the next 48 hours, you can send another appeal to:





(Appeal)http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/answers鈥?/a>





Take care, and I hope your daughter's account is eligible for reinstatement








P.S. The next time someone sends either you or your daughter offensive Emails, please forward the Emails to:





Abuse@yahoo.com





Customer Care reviews each report and takes the appropriate action.|||I am glad I was able to help :-)





Take care.

Report Abuse


|||I would think that yahoo is breaking the law.


There can be NO discrimination.


To suspend with out a valid reason.


Due to religious persecution.


Leaves Yahoo in a very Tender Position.





I would think an E-mail to that purport,


To Yahoo appeals should have some affect.


If you do not get an answer from them.


As You may not, then a letter to the papers may do it?|||Your daughter might not be as innocent as you are making her out to be. If she engages by responding then she is as guilty as the ones you claim are harrassing her. Just like the person before me said, report then move along if she is being harrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment