Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Verizon wireless terminating contract?

I have the Samsung Intensity phone with verizon wireless and my contract doesn't expire for another year. I want to switch cell services so badly, but I don't want to pay the early termination fee of $175. On my online account, there is a menu option where I can report my phone as being lost or stolen, and than verizon will suspend my account without billing me a monthly charge, but only for 90 days. I was thinking about reporting my phone as lost and having my phone suspended for that period of 90 days, but when the 90 days is up, can I just keep suspending it like that, or will verizon catch on to what I am doing? I figure if I keep suspending my account, I can avoid the termination fee, and switch to the different company I want to switch with|||First of all, the ETF is not $175. It's $175 less $5 for each completed month of the contract. If you have a year to go, your ETF is about $115.





Verizon allows a one-time 90 day suspension. After that, your billing resumes and you are legally liable for the payments for the remainder of the contract term.





Additionally, if you port your number to a different carrier, that terminates your Verion service and the ETF is immediately assessed.|||No, you're still obligated to the contract regardless of: whether you have or don't have your phone; use or don't use your phone or its service; replace or don't replace a reported lost/stolen phone. If it was that easy to terminate/get out of a contract, don't you think everybody would be doing what you propose?|||While the suspension is in effect, the clock stops ticking on your contract, so even if you could keep suspending it, that's not a way to get out of your contract - it just makes it last longer and longer.





Anyway, if there's a 90-day limit on the suspension, then it's pretty likely they won't let you re-suspend again right away. If they did allow that, then a lot of people would try to use your trick to get out of their contracts.





If you really want to get out of your contract without a penalty, try cellswapper.com|||They give you the couetesy of 90 days without being billed. They will keep record of when you suspend service and wont bill you for ninety days. After you have had ninety conseutive days bill free you will be charged weither service is on or not. So its not going to work. If you can afford to cut it off half way into your contrat it should be maybe $90-110

No comments:

Post a Comment