Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can I temporarily suspend/delete my own Facebook account?

I have been spending a bit too much time on it lately, however, I legitimately keep in touch with a lot of people on it, and even organize study time with classmates, or use it to get in touch with some coworkers at one of my jobs to switch shifts. Crummy as it is, I also use it for its chat for the same purposes, as not everyone has AIM, and I personally hate MSN.





Anyhow, what I would like to do is delete my account, but I can't, given those reasons. I'd like to maybe suspend it for a week or so to sort of wean myself off of it a bit or something. True, I could simply block the website, however, it's not the same - I need my friends to not see my profile, to assume it's gone for now.





Is there a way to get rid of Facebook for a while, to maybe activate again later, without losing my online friends, groups, events, things like that?|||If you go to Settings -%26gt; Account Settings you will see an option to disable your account.





Your data is not deleted and will be restored if you re-active your account. If you search for "disable facebook account" in Google you will see discussions about how Facebook does not delete your data, unless you manually do it.





Hope this helps.|||There is an option to deactivate your account, but that you'll be back. Then when you reactivate it, you'll have still kept all your facebook friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment