Sunday, December 4, 2011

What happens when I overdraft too much with my Chase checking account?

Recently I made a number of purchases online with the intention of depositing my next paycheck in time before the purchases came out of my checking account. Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting to get laid off from my job for a few weeks. To top that, the paycheck I was expecting didn't even cover the first purchase. Right now my checking account has a negative balance of $44.00 (35 of that was an overdraft fee). The amount of purchases I made online that haven't gone through yet add up to $384.67. All items have been processed from their online stores and paid for with my paypal and some have even already been shipped. I did some calculations and I should be expecting about $210 worth of overdraft fees.





However, Chase will no longer let me log into my online account. So my question is, have I reached some sort of overdraft limit? Have they suspended my online account or cancelled it? How do I access my online accounts again? Will they deposit my next paychecks? And, what will happen to all the things I have already purchased? Will the sellers get their money? Do I have to return any shipped items?





I am fully prepared and ready to pay all overdraft fees and correct this mess but I am really scared because I don't want to go to jail or anything, I just wasn't expecting such a slump in my payroll.|||Did you try calling them? Stupid people should just try calling the banks to get the right answer..

No comments:

Post a Comment